Rules and Regulations-
Note-All entries toward Top Teacher for this event count as '1' including multidance and scholarship events.
Freestyles: Entry -1 Point, 1st Place- 4 Points, 2nd Place- 3 Points, 3rd Place-2 Points
Double Points! (All Superstar Dance Series One Day Events)
Challenges and Scholarships: Entry -2 Points, 1st Place- 10 Points, 2nd Place- 9 points, 3rd Place-8 Points, 4th Place-7 Points, 5th Place-6 Points, 6th Place-5 Points, Recalls- 5 Points
Solo/Showdance: 4 Points per entry
2) Cancellations and Refunds
The deadline for cancellations refunds is two weeks (14 days) prior to the event. If the organizer is notified after the deadline, refunds will be considered only in case of emergency. Absolutely no refunds will be made at the event; however, credits for the following year may be rewarded.
3) All closed events will be invigilated as per the NDCA rule book.
ALL CLOSED SYLLABUS EVENTS WILL BE INVIGILATED USING THE CURRENT NDCA LIST OF
ELEMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS. PENALTIES MAY BE GIVEN WITHOUT WARNING FOR ANY SYLLABUS INFRACTIONS.
For approved step lists and variations on all dances, please click HERE.
4) In closed freestyles, material from any approved NDCA organization may be used. 'Open' categories may use any material of their choice. No lifts will be allowed.
5) 1-Dance Events are not separated by sex. (see entry form)
6) Rules for Scholarships
Closed Scholarships are restricted to Bronze and Silver students only. A student dancing in a closed scholarship may not dance in an open scholarship of the same style. To qualify for a scholarship event, student is required to enter and dance a minimum of 5 heats which may include the following; freestyles of any kind, solos, or One Dance competitions. Multi Dance Challenges do not fulfill the 5 dance requirement. Scholarships are not separated by sex. Scholarship prize money is subject to change if not a full 6 couple final; if the scholarship event has less than 6 couples competing, prize money may be reduced. Competition vouchers may be given in place of cash prizes.
7) No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in Changing Rooms, Ballrooms or Hotel
Rooms can be accepted by the Organizer, or by the National Dance Council of America, Inc.,
and neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending this event. Everyone attending does so at his or her own risk.
8) All persons attending this event, whether as spectators, competitors, officials, or guests of the organizer, shall be bound by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. rules, and by participating in this event automatically become obligated to adhere to them.
9) DRESS and /or COSTUMING RULES FOR PRE-TEENS
Inappropriate costuming for pre-teen competitors will be grounds for disqualification. For rules and regulations, visit www.ndca.org
10) Theatre Arts events must consist of 50% liftwork and 50% dancing. See NDCA rules for more information.